Hi readers! This post will be of help to B.Sc. Nursing aspirants from Punjab. Here, I’ve listed down some of the best nursing colleges in Punjab, India. Government and private – I’ve covered both types of colleges in this post.
Here, you will find the names of popular nursing colleges in Punjab. Apart from the names of colleges, you will also find additional details such as – list of nursing courses, their duration, eligibility criteria, scope, admission process and career prospects.
Colleges, courses, admission and career prospects – I’ve covered all these important details in this post. Both students and parents may use this guide to find the right college. It will simplify your B.Sc. or M.Sc. Nursing admission process.
A good nursing college must fare well in areas such as – infrastructure, amenities, faculty, rating and reviews. The colleges listed in this post perform well in the above mentioned areas.
Come, let us check out the list of colleges now. Here it is –
List of nursing colleges in Punjab 2022
Here are some of the popular nursing colleges in Punjab –
- Government Medical College, Patiala, Punjab
- Government Medical College, Amritsar, Punjab
- Army College of Nursing, Jalandhar, Punjab
- Guru Gobind Singh Medical College and Hospital, Faridkot, Punjab
- College of Nursing, Ludhiana, Punjab
- Baba Mehar Singh Memorial College, Gurdaspur, Punjab
- Christian Medical College, Ludhiana, Punjab
- Sri Guru Harikrishan Sahib College of Nursing, Mohali, Punjab
- Nightingale Nursing Institute, Ludhiana, Punjab
- Ambika College of Nursing, Mohali, Punjab
- Maha Shiv Shakti School of Nursing, Amritsar, Punjab
- Adesh University, Bathinda, Punjab
- Sigma Nursing Training Institute, Ludhiana, Punjab
- HKL College of Nursing, Firozpur, Punjab
- Baba Farid University of Health Sciences, Faridkot, Punjab
- SGL Nursing College, Jalandhar, Punjab
- Adarsh College of Nursing, Patiala, Punjab
- Dasmesh College of Nursing, Faridkot, Punjab
- Nam Rattra International College of Nursing, Amritsar, Punjab
- Rayat-Bahra University, Mohali, Punjab
- Mata Sahib Kaur College of Nursing, Mohali, Punjab
- Dayanand Medical College and Hospital, Ludhiana, Punjab
- Bhai Gurdas Institute of Nursing, Sangrur, Punjab
- Sandhu Institute of Nursing, Nawanshahr, Punjab
- Gian Sagar College of Nursing, Patiala, Punjab
- Mata Gujri Institute of Nursing and Hospital, Jalandhar, Punjab
- Bharat College of Nursing, Jalandhar, Punjab
- Life Guard Nursing Institute, Sangrur, Punjab
- CT University, Ludhiana, Punjab
- GHG College of Nursing, Ludhiana, Punjab
- Sukhjinder Group of Institutes, Gurdaspur, Punjab
- Sidhu Educational and Research Institute, Ludhiana, Punjab
- Mother Mary Institute of Nursing, Hoshiarpur, Punjab
The above list has not been ranked in any order. Come, let us find out more about the admission process now. Here’s everything you need to know about the admission process –
Reputed institutes rely on merit based admission process. Under this system, seats are distributed among deserving candidates on the basis of their performance in relevant entrance exam and/or board exam. Some colleges are also known to conduct donation based and direct admission process.
Types of colleges
There exists two main types of nursing colleges in Punjab. They are –
- Government nursing colleges
- Private nursing colleges
Classification of nursing colleges has been carried out on the basis of the entity that owns the college. For example – Govt institutes are managed and funded by the State or Central Government. Private institutes are owned and managed by private charitable trusts and organizations.
Popular nursing courses
Here are some of the popular nursing courses available in Punjab –
ANM: It stands for Auxiliary Nursing and Midwifery. Technically, it is a Diploma course. The course duration is around 2 years.
GNM: It stands for General Nursing and Midwifery. Technically, it is a Diploma course. The course duration is around 3.5 years.
B.Sc. Nursing: It is a Bachelor of Science program. The academic program is 4 years long. Students who have passed 12th Science with PCB subjects are eligible to pursue this course.
B.Sc. Nursing (Post Basic): This program is just like lateral entry. The course duration is 2 years. Candidates who have completed relevant Diploma course are eligible to pursue this course
M.Sc. Nursing: It is a Master’s Degree course. Students who have completed B.Sc. Nursing or B.Sc. Nursing (PB) are eligible to pursue this course. The academic program is 2 years long.
Nurses have access to different types of job opportunities. They have access to Government jobs, private sector jobs and self-employment opportunities. They are usually hired by healthcare institutes such as – hospitals, clinics, nursing homes, NGOs, old age homes, rehabilitation clinics etc.