NTA stands for National Testing Agency. In this post, we will have an in-depth analysis of NTA examinations. Here, readers will find the following details – list of examinations conducted by the NTA, important dates, eligibility criteria and more.
Article Overview and Contents
Come, let us take a quick look at highlights of the NTA –
|Name of the organization:||NTA (National Testing Agency)|
|Established on:||November, 2017|
|Approved by:||Union Council of Ministers|
|Purpose:||Organize UG and PG level competitive examinations|
|Address:||C-20 1A/8, Sector 62, IITK Outreach Centre, Noida 201309|
Before heading to the meat of the matter – list of NTA entrance examinations – let us take a closer look at the origin and history of NTA. After going through the next section, readers will find answers to the following questions – When was the NTA established? Why was this organization established? What are the main functions of this organization?
Come, let us begin –
Origin of the NTA
The NTA was formally established on November, 2017. Approval by the Union Council of Ministers led to its creation. It is a registered society under the Societies Registration Act, 1860. How was the NTA established, some of you may ask.
In 2010, a committee consisting of some of the Directors of IITs across India submitted a report to to the MHRD (Ministry of Human Resources Development). In the report, they pointed out the need to create a National Testing Agency (a Central Entity), by an Act of Parliament.
They pointed out that the organization should be independent so that it can carry out tests with efficiency and transparently. The MHRD took action and formed a task force to study this proposal. Finally, in 2013, the decision was taken to establish the NTA.
Why was the NTA established, some of you may ask. This organization was created to carry out competitive exams (national level) in an efficient and transparent way.
Come, let us check out the list of NTA examinations. Here it is –
List of NTA Examinations 2022
- JEE (Joint Entrance Examination)
- CMAT (Common Management Admission Test)
- UGC NET (National Eligibility Test)
- JNU (Jawaharlal Nehru University) Entrance Test
- ICAR AIEEA (All India Entrance Examination)
- NEET (National Eligibility Cum Entrance Test)
- NCHMCT JEE (National Council for Hotel Management and Catering Technology JEE)
- GPAT (Graduate Pharmacy Aptitude Test)
- IIFT (Indian Institute of Foreign Trade) Entrance Examination
- IGNOU PhD & OpenMAT Entrance Examination
- Delhi University Entrance Test
- CSIR (Council of Scientific and Industrial Research) UGC NET
Let us take a closer look at some of the popular NTA exams! The list provided below is not an exhaustive list. I’ve covered a handful of tests below. With time, I will update this list and include more tests.
Come, let us have an in-depth analysis of popular NTA exams –
In-depth analysis of popular tests
JEE Main Eligibility Criteria
Educational qualifications: In order to qualify for this exam the candidate needs to pass their 10+2 exam with a subject combination of pcm or pcb subjects. The candidate who have appeared for their 12th exam in between the years 2019-2021 are eligible for JEE main. In fact students who have are appearing for the 12th boards in the next year can also sit for this exam. If you are a diploma holder then you can take admission only in IITs. Those candidates can only appear for the advanced level.
One needs to ensure that they have to score 75% marks (if general) and 65% (if SC/ST) in their 12th board for getting admission in the CFITs or IITs or NITs.
Age limit: The candidates who were born after or on 1.10.1996 are capable of applying for JEE main. Nevertheless, if you are an SC/ST candidate then you can get a relaxation of 5 years more than the expected age. One thing to be noted that age will only be calculated on the basis of the birth year as provided on the admit card of 10th or 12th.
JEE Main Schedule & Important dates
|Event||Date (January session)|
|Online application process will start on||1st week of September, 2021|
|Last day to apply online||1st or 2nd week of October, 2021|
|Application correction window will open on||3rd week of October, 2021|
CMAT Eligibility Criteria
- Nationality: Citizens of India are eligible to apply for this test.
- Age limit: There is no age limit.
- Academic qualification: Minimum educational qualification required is – completed Bachelor’s Degree (at least 3 years long) from a recognized college/university.
- Aggregate marks: Minimum aggregate marks scored by the candidate in Bachelor’s Degree should be 50% marks.
- Other criteria: Candidates pursuing final semester studies/just appeared for final semester exams (of Bachelor’s Degree program) are also eligible to apply for CMAT. But they must satisfy the above mentioned eligibility criteria before the 2022-23 academic year kicks in.
CMAT Schedule & Important dates
|Application form to be issued on:||1st week of November, 2021|
|Last date to apply online:||4th week of November or 1st week of December, 2021|
|Admit card to be issued on:||4th week of December, 2021|
ICAR AIEEA Eligibility Criteria for UG admission
- Every Candidate should be a citizen of India.
- It is mandatory for each student or has an Aadhaar Card. Only the candidates of Jammu and Kashmir, Meghalaya and Assam are allowed to enroll without the Aadhaar.
- The qualifying exam for each student will be 12th standard passed from any curriculum. The combination of the subjects is also mentioned by the authority. They are PCM/PCMB/PCF/PCB.
- Students appearing for their 12th Standard can apply.
ICAR AIEEA Eligibility Criteria for PG admission
- Age limit is a maximum of 19 years on 31st August 2022.
- The qualifying exam for the candidates applying for the PG Exam should be a Bachelor’s Degree. The patterns are also mentioned by the authority which is 10+6, 10+2+4 and 10+2+5(for A.H and B.V.Sc).
- A candidate having a bachelor’s degree with a 10+2+3 pattern is eligible to apply for NDRI Karnal and IARI Pusa.
- M.V.Sc candidates are needed to have a complete B.V.Sc & AH with an internship.
- Students appearing for the final year of their graduation exam can also apply.
ICAR AIEEA Schedule & Important Dates
|Online application process will start on||1st week of March, 2022|
|Last date to apply online||4th week of March, 2022|
|Deadline to send hard copy of form||1st week of April, 2022|
|Admit card will be issued on||4th week of April, 2022|
NEET UG Eligibility Criteria
All the students who are willing to appear for the NEET Exam must have passed the 10+2 level or any equivalent exam. They must be of 17 years of age at least. Students appearing for the qualifying exam will also be considered to be eligible. The maximum age limit is 25 years with a 5-year relaxation for the SC/ST and OBC candidates.
Indian Nationalists, Persons of Indian Origin (PIOs), Overseas Citizens of India (OCIs), Foreign Nationals and Non-Resident Indians (NRIs) are eligible to apply. Candidates belonging to J&K state will be considered eligible to apply for 15% All India Quota on basis of self-declaration.
The candidates who are appearing for the 12th standard examination or whose result is awaited can only be termed eligible to get admission if they qualify the (10+2) examination with the minimum required percentage.
A candidate must be qualified with Higher/Senior Secondary Examination or the Indian School Certificate Examination or any other curriculum which is equivalent to the (10+2) after a period of 12-year study. It is mandatory to qualify their examinations with Physics, Chemistry, and Biology or Biotechnology or Mathematics or any other Elective subjects. English, not less than the core course should also be there in the (10+2) setup.
Candidates who have passed (10+2) from NIOS, State Open School or a private candidate shall not be eligible for the NEET (UG) Exam. In addition to that, the study of Biotechnology/Biology should not be as an additional subject in the (10+2) level. 2 years continuous and regular study of PCB together is required at the 10+2 level for each candidate.
Where the content of the course does not match the as it is prescribed for the 10+2 education structure of the National Committee, the candidates will need to undergo a period of one year pre-professional training.
NCHMCT JEE Eligibility Criteria
Minimum educational qualification required: Candidate must have passed 12th standard with English subject. Please note that English subject is mandatory OR Candidates appearing for 12th class final exam and waiting for their result may also apply. However, such candidates must submit proof of passing 12th class and meet other requirements by the time of admission process.
|Category||Upper age limit|
|General & OBC||25 years (as on 1st August, 2022)|
|SC/ST||28 years (as on 1st August, 2022)|
Fitness certificate: In order to be considered eligible for this test, a candidate must be physically fit. He/she must submit physical fitness certificate issued by a registered medical practitioner. Format of the fitness certificate is available on the official website of NTA.
NCHMCT JEE Schedule & Important Dates
|Online application process starts on||1st or 2nd week of January, 2022|
|Last date to apply online||Last week of February, 2022|
|Admit card to be issued on||1st week of April, 2022|
GPAT Eligibility Criteria
- The students belonging to any part of India will be considered as eligible to apply for this examination
- There is no particular age limit for the examination
- The candidates should be 12th pass or should have an equivalent qualification for any prestigious college or university in the country
- Candidates should also have a B.Pharm degree for being eligible to apply for the examination
GPAT Schedule & Important Dates
|Online application process will start on||1st week of November, 2021|
|Last date to submit application form||4th week of November, 2021|
|Admit card will be issued on||4th week of December, 2021|