NATA stands for National Aptitude Test in Architecture. It is a popular architecture entrance exam. Do you want to register for NATA this year? If yes, this post will be of help to you. Here, we will have an in-depth analysis of NATA 2022 application process.
Article Overview and Contents
Candidates interested in B.Arch. admission will benefit from this post. This post has been crafted keeping their needs in mind.
In this post, readers will find the following details – NATA application form (dates and details), registration process (step by step guide), documents required and application fee. In short, this post contains all the important details that you need to know about NATA application process.
Come, let us take a quick look at NATA application process-overview:
|Name of entrance exam:||NATA (National Aptitude Test in Architecture)|
|Mode of application process:||Online|
NATA is a national level entrance examination. It is an architecture entrance test. The main aim of this test is to facilitate admission of eligible candidates into B.Arch. program in colleges across India.
CoA (Council of Architecture) conducts NATA. They conduct this test twice in a year.
In this post, you will find all the important details that you need to know about NATA 2022 application process. This post deals with the following topics – important dates, application process (registration and form-filling), uploading relevant documents and payment of application fee.
After going through this post, you will find answers to the following questions – How to register for NATA? How to fill NATA application form? How to pay application fee? What’s the last date to submit my application form?
|Application process will start on||3rd/4th week of January, 2022|
|Last day to apply||2nd week of March, 2022|
|Admit card will be released on||1st week of April, 2022|
Eligible candidates may register for NATA test online. Online application process is quite simple and straightforward. Come, let us take a closer look at the application process –
NATA 2022 Application Process
NATA application process consists of the following stages –
- Registration process
- Application form (form-filling)
- Uploading relevant documents
- Payment of application fee
Let us take a closer look at each stage and check out the steps involved in these stages –
NATA 2022 Registration
- Visit the official website of NATA registration (nataregistration.in).
- Candidates have two options to choose from – login and signup. If you have already registered before, click on login button. If you want to register freshly, click on signup button.
- Fill up the registration form by entering the following details – candidate’s name, father’s name, mother’s name, mobile number, email id, date of birth and Aadhar number.
- Set a strong password.
- Configure your security question.
- Enter security code/captcha code.
- Click on ‘signup’ button.
- Registration details will be displayed on your screen.
- A candidate will receive verification email. Click on the link in the email and complete verification process.
Once you click on the verification link (sent via email), you will be taken to the login page. You may login and access the application form. You may even choose to login later.
NATA 2022 Application Form
After completing registration process, a candidate may verify his/her email id. After verification of email id, he/she may login using his/her credentials and fill up the application form. Come, let us check out the steps involved in form-filling process –
NATA 2022 Form-Filling
- Visit the official website of NATA registration and login.
- Enter your login credentials (email id, password and security code) and click on ‘login’ button.
- The application form consists of sections such as – basic details, address and exam details, educational qualifications, section to upload documents, application preview and declaration & payment.
- Fill up each section correctly. After finishing each section, click on ‘save and continue’ button to proceed to the next section.
- Click on ‘back’ button to go back and edit a particular section.
- In the 4th section, upload scanned images of candidate’s passport size photograph and signature specimen.
- Click on ‘save and continue’ button.
- Preview your application form. Click on ‘save and continue’ to proceed.
- Go through the declaration text. Accept the declaration by clicking on relevant tab.
- Select your preferred payment gateway and click on ‘proceed to payment’ button.
- Pay the application fee.
While filling up NATA application form, candidates are supposed to enter the following details –
- Basic details: Name of candidate, father’s name, mother’s name, mobile number, date of birth, category, details about disability (if any), gender and nationality.
- Address: Address of residence, place of residence, state of domicile, city, pin-code and landline number.
- Exam details: Choice of test center and choice of test (test 1 or test 2 or test 1&2).
- Academic details (10th class or equivalent): Educational qualification, pass status, course/stream name, board name, year of passing, marks secured, total marks, percentage of marks, roll number, institute name and address & pin-code.
- Academic details (12th class or equivalent): Educational qualification, pass status, course/stream name, board university name, year of passing, institute name and address, pin code and subject-wise marks (marks secured, total marks and percentage of marks).
- Scanned documents: Passport size photograph and signature specimen.
NATA 2022 Application Fee
|Session||General candidates||SC/ST candidates|
|One session/test||2000 INR||1700 INR|
|Two sessions/tests||3800 INR||3100 INR|
Candidates may pay application fee online. Come, let us check out the list of important documents required –
Important documents required
- A valid email id
- An active mobile number
- Academic certificates
- Scanned documents
Keeping the above mentioned things/documents ready will simplify the application process. For example, by keeping your email account open, you will be able to access the verification email quickly and complete the verification process.
Guidelines for scanned documents
While filling up the application form, candidates are supposed to upload the following scanned images –
- Latest passport size photograph of the candidate
- Signature specimen of the candidate
Scanned images must satisfy the following conditions –
- All scanned images must be clear, not blurry.
- Upload your latest colored passport size photograph. Photograph must not be more than 6 months old.
- Signature specimen must be on white paper.
- Sign using black or blue inked pen only.
NATA 2022 Form Correction
Applicants do get a chance to correct their application form. For correction purpose, the authorities will open a ‘correction window’. During this phase, candidates may make changed to their application form (online). Simply login to the official website of NATA and search for form correction link. Click on it and enter correct information wherever required.
Let us check out the set of general instructions for applicants –
- Make sure that you are eligible to apply (before filling the application form).
- Fill up and submit the application form before the deadline.
- Fill up the application for correctly. Revise it before submitting.
- Enter a valid email id while registering.
- Enter a working mobile number while registering.
- Keep necessary documents ready while filling up the form.
- Make sure that scanned documents adhere to the guidelines set by the authorities.
- Take printout of the form/confirmation page.