LSAT stands for Law School Admission Test. It is a popular law entrance examination. Do you want to register for LSAT this year? If yes, this post will be of help to you. Here, we will have an in-depth analysis of LSAT 2022 application process.
Article Overview and Contents
This post has been crafted keeping the needs of law education aspirants in mind. Here, readers will find the following details – LSAT application form (dates and details), registration process (step by step guide), documents required and application fee. In short, this post contains all the important details that you need to know about LSAT application process.
Come, let us take a quick look at LSAT application process-overview:
|Name of entrance exam:||LSAT (Law School Admission Test)|
|Mode of application process:||Online|
LSAT India is a national level competitive examination. LSAC (Law School Admission Council) conducts this exam each year. The main aim of this test is to facilitate admission of eligible candidates into relevant UG and PG level law programs.
This post deals with the following topics – important dates, registration process, form-filling, uploading relevant documents, payment of application fee and general instructions. After going through this post, readers will find answers to the following questions –
- How to register for LSAT?
- How to fill LSAT application form?
- What’s the last date to submit LSAT application form?
- And more…
First of all, let us check out the list of important dates –
|Application process will start on||November, 2021|
|Last day to submit application form||May, 2022|
|Admit card will be released on||Last week of May, 2022|
Let us take a closer look at LSAT application process. Let us begin –
LSAT 2022 Application Process
LSAT application process consists of the following stages –
- Registration process
- Payment of application fee
- Submission of application form
Let us take a closer look at the registration process –
LSAT 2022 Registration
- Visit the official website of LSAT India (discoverlaw.in).
- Search for ‘sign up’ link/tab on the website and click on it.
- Fill up the registration form by entering the following details – First name, middle name, last name, contact number and email id.
- Enter a strong password.
- Select your country of residence, state and city.
- Select the academic program that you are applying for.
- Enter the captcha/security code.
- Click on ‘sign up’ button.
- You’ll receive account verification link via email. Check your inbox, click on the verification link and activate your account.
Registration process is complete. After registration, a candidate may proceed to form-filling section.
LSAT 2022 Application Form
After submitting the application form, a candidate will be redirected to the login page. He/she may sign in with his/her credentials. After signing in, he/she may access the application form. Let us check out the steps involved in application process –
Steps to fill LSAT 2022 Application Form
- Access your email inbox.
- Search for LSAT verification email and click on the verification link.
- You will be redirected to LSAT application dashboard.
- Access the ‘my profile’ section and fill up the form by entering the following details – name of the candidate, gender, date of birth, email id, contact number, Aadhar number, country, state and city.
- On the right hand side of the page, you will find ‘upload photo’ button. Click on it and upload your latest passport size photograph.
- Click on ‘save and continue’ button.
- Click on ‘register for 2022 LSAT India Test administration button’.
- Choose your test application.
- Click on ‘apply now’ button.
- Fill up the application form.
- After filling it up, click on ‘next’ button.
- Enter your address details.
- Click on ‘continue to review’ button.
- Go through the terms and conditions, tick relevant boxes and click on ‘pay’ button.
- Choose preferred mode of payment and make payment.
- After making payment, you will be redirected to LSAT dashboard. Check the ‘my orders’ section and download the payment receipt for further use/reference.
- Personal details: First name, middle name, last name, gender, date of birth, Aadhar number, category, native language, country of origin etc.
- Contact details: Email id and mobile number.
- Address: Address of residence, state, city, district etc.
- Preferences: Choice of academic program, choice of test center etc.
- Guardian details: Name of guardian, his/her email id and contact number.
LSAT 2022 Application Fee
- LSAT application fee is 3800 INR.
- LSAT application fee along with study material is 4700 INR.
- The amount mentioned above doesn’t include GST.
- A candidate may pay the application fee online (credit or debit cards, net banking etc).
Important documents required
- A valid email id
- An active mobile number
- Passport size photograph (scanned document)
- Aadhar card
- Credit/debit card for paying application fee
Keeping the above mentioned things/documents ready will simplify the application process.
Guidelines for scanned images
|Photograph||Not exceeding 500KB||JPG/PNG/GIF|
- All scanned images must be clear, not blurry.
- Upload your latest passport size photograph (shouldn’t be more than 6 months old).
- Don’t wear cap/mask/sun-glass/dark glass while getting the photograph clicked.
- Dimension of the photograph must be – 200 x 150px.
Let us check out whether you are eligible to apply for LSAT or not –
LSAT 2022 Eligibility Criteria
For BA LL.B. admission
- Candidate is required to pass 10+2 or equivalent exam from some recognized board.
- The minimum marks obtained by the candidate should be 45%.
For LL.B. admission
- While applying for LLB course, candidate must have attained bachelor’s degree in any of the subject.
- The minimum scores obtained by the candidate must be 45% as aggregate in the qualifying examination.
For LL.M. admission
- Candidate must have passed 3 years of LLB exam or five years of BA. LL.B program.
- Candidate must have secured at least 45% marks as aggregate marks.
- Those who are appearing can also apply for the examination.
- Make sure that you are eligible to apply (before filling the application form).
- Fill up and submit the application form before the deadline.
- Fill up the application for correctly. Revise it before submitting.
- Enter a valid email id while registering.
- Enter a working mobile number while registering.
- Keep necessary documents ready while filling up the form.
- Make sure that scanned documents adhere to the guidelines set by the authorities.
- Take printout of the form/confirmation page.