LIC (Life Insurance Corporation of India) is going to recruit Assistant Administrative Officers. The recruitment drive is held directly by LIC. There are 700 vacant places for the job post of Assistant Administrative Officers. LIC is inviting applications from eligible Indian candidates. Selection will be done through online test (to be held on 5th,6th and 13th March, 2016) and interview. Here, you will be reading about job post details, vacancy details, eligibility criteria- age limit & educational qualifications, application process (last date to apply is 5th January, 2016) and selection process. Get all necessary details and apply now!
Article Overview and Contents
LIC recruitment overview
- Name of Organization- LIC (Life Insurance Corporation of India)
- Job post- Assistant Administrative Officer
- Vacancy details- 700
- Mode of applying- Online (licindia.in/careers.htm website)
- Last date for applying online- 05/01/2016
- Selection process- Online test followed by Interview
- Probation period- 1 year. Could be extended to 2 years
Assistant Administrative Officer post vacancy (year 2016) details
Total 700 seats are vacant. Out of the total, 349 seats are available for General category candidates. 106 seats are reserved for SC category candidates. 53 seats are reserved for ST category candidates. 192 seats are reserved for OBC category candidates.
Candidate should be within the age limit of 21-30 years with respect to the date of 01/12/2015. Upper age limit is relaxed by 10 years in case of SC, ST OBC and candidates with Disability.
Minimum educational qualifications
To be considered eligible to apply, a candidate must possess Bachelor’s or PG Degree in any discipline with minimum 55% Aggregate marks (or equivalent grade) from a recognized University/Institute.
How to apply?
Application process is entirely online. Interested candidates may register online at licindia.in/careers.htm website. Candidates have to fill all the required details correctly in the online application form. Last date to apply online is 05/01/2016. General category students will have to pay an application fees of 600 Rupees. SC, ST and Disabled candidates won’t have to pay this fees. They are supposed to pay only an intimation charge of 100 Rupees. Application fees also has to be paid online using credit/debit card.
After applying online, candidate must take print out of the application, sign it and keep it with him/her. If a candidate gets called to appear for Interview, he/she will have to bring print out of the application form, call letter signed by the invigilator during online test, important educational certificates and marksheets and exam fees receipt to the Interview center. You may also check – Check your LIC policy status online.
- This recruitment drive by LIC follows a two stage selection process. First stage is an online test at pre determined exam centers.
- Candidates will have to download online test call letters from LIC website. Call letters will be put up on February 2016 on their site. Candidates must keep an eye on this site and download the online test call letter on time.
- Online test will be held at pre determined exam centers. The exam will be MCQ type and will last 2 hours. Topics covered are- reasoning ability, GK, current affairs, computer knowledge and English language. This test carries 300 marks (total).
- 1/4 marks will be deducted for each wrong answer, according to the negative marking scheme. Online test will be held on 5th, 6th and 13th March, 2016.
- Candidates who clear online test round will be notified by e mail. They will get call letter for Interview on their e mail address. Candidates who gets called for Interview will have to take print out of this call letter also.
- While going to appear for Interview, candidate will have to bring print out of the Interview call letter, application form (self signed), call letter signed by the invigilator during online test, important educational certificates and marksheets and exam fees receipt to the Interview center.
- Students who clear Interview round will then make it to the rank list. Rank list is made based on marks scored in online test and interview. As per vacancy, candidates who feature in the rank list will be recruited by LIC for the post of Assistant Administrative Officer.