The students from Uttar Pradesh, who are aspiring to appear for the polytechnic examination, need to start planning and put pace on their studies because the tentative period of the JEECUP Examination 2021 is declared already by the authority. This article is for helping you out with every possible guideline that is needed to fill the application form and appear for the examination. This article will surely be of much help to the students as they can easily grasp the information needed for the examination. As a student, you will be benefited by this article because the total process will be clear in front of you.
Article Overview and Contents
- JEECUP 2021: Basic Details
- JEECUP 2021 Application Form
- JEECUP 2021: Important Dates
- How to Fill the Application Form
- Application Fee
- JEECUP Eligibility Criteria
- JEECUP 2021 Cutoff
- JEECUP 2021 Subjects
- JEECUP 2021 Syllabus
- JEECUP 2021 Books
- JEECUP 2021: Exam Pattern
- JEECUP 2021 Admit Card
- JEECUP 2021 Answer Key
- JEECUP 2021 Result
- JEECUP 2021 Counseling
- JEECUP 2021 Exam Centers
- JEECUP Prep
JEECUP 2021: Basic Details
JEECUP, also known as UPJEE (Uttar Pradesh Joint Entrance Examination) is an exam controlled by the Joint Entrance Council of Uttar Pradesh. It is a state level entrance exam which is conducted to give the aspiring students the opportunity to get admissions in technology, engineering and pharmacy and various other diploma courses. The other name of this examination is UP Polytechnic.
There are a number of polytechnic institutions in Uttar Pradesh which are affiliated to the Board of Technical Education Uttar Pradesh. They consider the scores of the JEECUP as a parameter to offer admissions to the students who look forward to having an educational career of the polytechnic.
In this article, a detailed description about the UP Polytechnic (JEECUP or UPJEE) Exam is given. The vital information about the application form, pattern of the exam, eligibility, syllabus and the important dates are also included in this article.
JEECUP 2021 Application Form
This segment deals with all the information about the application form of the UPJEE Examination.
- As per the curriculum decided by the authority, the application forms for the JEECUP Examination will be available only through online mode. No off-line forms for this examination will be available.
- For each shift of examination, every candidate will be awarded to fill only one form. So, every student is expected to fill up their forms very carefully.
- Every candidate is expected to provide every detail needed in the procedure to fill the application form, strictly according to the entries of the certificates of the 10th standard.
- In no case, the students shall send any hard copy to the council because the process of filling the application form is online and in this case, no hard copy of the application is demanded.
- All the candidates are expected to upload the scanned version of their recent, neat and clean photographs and a neat and tidy full signature conveniently done by blank ink. Another mandatory thing to upload which is needed from each candidate is the impression of their left thumb.
- As per the instructions of the authority, all these images should be uploaded in the JPEG format. No other formats will be applicable.
JEECUP 2021: Important Dates
There are some important dates which all the candidates need to remember while thinking to appear for the JEECUP Examination. All the dates given below are the tentative periods, which are decided by the authority. All the information about the events and the tentative periods of their occurrence are given below:
|Events||Tentative period of Occurrence|
|Online Application Forms will release||December, 4th Week 2020|
|Last date of Application Submission||February, 2nd Week 2021|
|Admit Cards to be issued||April, 2nd Week 2021|
|Date of Commencement of Exam||April, 4th Week 2021|
|Declaration of Results||May, 3rd Week 2021|
|Counseling Begins||May- June 2021|
How to Fill the Application Form
The procedure of filling up the application form for JEECUP will consist of 3 phases. The 1st phase would consist of the registration. In this phase, each candidate is expected to fill up all the credentials demanded by the web page. Each candidate is expected to provide the best information of their knowledge. All entries are to be made strictly according to the certificates of the 10th standard.
At the end of the 1st phase, a profile will be created automatically. Here, the 2nd phase would start where each candidate are expected to upload the photo, signature and the left thumb impression according to the demands of the portal.
The 3rd phase, of the application form, fill up procedure will be of payment. There are two ways by which a student can pay the application fee. As a candidate, you can either opt for internet banking or can get an SBI Bank Challan and pay the fee offline.
- As per the instructions by the authority, each candidate will need to pay Rs. 300/- for general and OBC category. The candidates belonging to the SC and ST category are needed to pay Rs.200/- only.
- Additional banking charges will apply on the payment of the application fee while the candidates will pay for JEECUP examination.
- All the candidates are expected to know that the application fee would be non-refundable.
- The candidates have an opportunity to choose from either of the two ways to pay the application fee. Internet banking is allowed for the candidates otherwise they can take an e-challan of the SBI Bank and pay the application fee offline at the bank.
JEECUP Eligibility Criteria
The council has set some distinctive eligibility criteria for the candidates, aspiring to appear at the JEECUP Exam. It is strictly mandatory for every student to meet these criteria. Given below is a list of the vital criteria needed for the candidates to appear the JEECUP Exam:
- It is mandatory for each candidate to be the citizen of Uttar Pradesh besides being an Indian by nationality.
- As per the authority instructions, the minimum age for each student to appear for the examination should be 14 years. As per the board, there is no upper age limit for appearing in this examination.
Apart from these, there are a number of group-wise criteria prescribed by the council. The groups particularly denote the courses which are offered.
|A||Diploma inEngineering and Technology||Passed 10th Standardexam or any equivalent with|
a minimum of 35% marks
|B||Agriculture Engineering||Passed 10th Standardexam or equivalent with 35% of marks|
Appearing with Agriculture
as a subject in 12th Standard
|C||Textile Designing,Home Science,|
|10th Standard passed withminimum 35% marks or appearing|
|D||Secretarial PracticeModern Office Management|
Library and Information Science
|12th Standard PassedCandidate must have|
Hindi as a subject in both
10th Standard and 12th standard
|E1(BIOLOGY)/E2(MATHS)||Diploma Course in Pharmacy||Candidate must have to bepassed in Physics and|
Chemistry (compulsory Subjects) in the intermediate level
They should also have
|F||Biotechnology (Tissue Culture)Post Graduate Diploma||Appearing or passed B.Scwith the combination of|
Chemistry, Biology/Biotechnology subjects
|G||PGD Course||Any Stream Graduates can applyAppearing candidates may also apply|
|H||Diploma: Hotel Management and Catering Technology||12th Standard exam passes with a minimum of 35% of marks|
|I||Diploma: Aircraft MaintenanceEngineering||12th Standard passed with 50% marks in PCM subjectsAppearing 12th with Science Stream|
|K1 TO K8||Technology Diploma Course and Lateral Entry in Engineering||ITI or 12th Passed|
JEECUP 2021 Cutoff
All the cut-off marks which a student has to get in the qualifying exam to appear in the JEECUP Exam are given above in the list. The Cut-off Marks of the JEECUP Exam varies year to year. At the time of the result, the candidates will be able to know about the cut-off marks for the subjects they have opted for.
JEECUP 2021 Subjects
Subjects for the JEECUP Exam, will vary according to the subjects opted by the students. It is advised to every candidate that they prepare the total syllabus according to that prescribed by the office.
For the candidates who are opting to appear for engineering, the syllabus will be comprised of Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics subjects. For the students who are opting for the Diploma course in Pharmacy, the syllabus will comprise of Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics / Biology subjects.
Moreover, it is vital information for every candidate that they should put extra stress ion Mathematics as it will contain major marks weight-age.
JEECUP 2021 Syllabus
The syllabus of JEECUP Exam has divided group-wise accordingly. This will help the students to get a clear description of the syllabus they should go through for each of the subjects they are opting for. Broadly, as a candidate, you should always remember to study everything for the entrance exam that you have studied through-out your 10th, 11th, 12th standard. You should not skip any of the topics which come under the syllabus to get a better score.
Syllabus for Group A
The Syllabus of Group A includes the syllabus of the UP Board 10th standard in the subjects of Chemistry, Physics, and Mathematics. You can study the books of class 10 to cover up the whole syllabus.
Syllabus for Group B
The Group B syllabus will be consisting of two parts. The first part will be having Mathematics and the second part will consist of Chemistry, Physics, and Agriculture.
Syllabus for Group C
This syllabus will consist of three sections. All the subjects studied in the 10th standard will be taken into account and a part of the question will be made. The 2nd part will consist of English and Hindi Comprehension, Intelligence and Reasoning and the 3rd part will consist of General Awareness.
Syllabus for Group D
This syllabus includes the total syllabus of class 12 and it will be having four sections. The part into which the syllabus is fragmented is Reasoning and Intelligence, Hindi and English Comprehension, General Awareness and Numerical Ability.
Syllabus for Group E
The candidates applying for the examination for this group will have to study their 12th standard syllabus. Chemistry, Physics, and Biology or Mathematics also include to this group.
Syllabus for Group F
This group will contain the syllabus of the B. Sc. Curriculum. The syllabus will be consisting of sections like Physics, Botany, and Biology.
Syllabus for Group G
The syllabus for group G is just as the same that you have studied in your graduation curriculum. The question paper will be fragmented into sections like Numerical Ability, English Comprehension, Reasoning, General Awareness and General intelligence.
Syllabus for Group H
This will consist of the syllabus of the intermediate level. Five sections of the total syllabus will be there which will be consisting of the topics like Logical Reasoning and discussion, Numerical and Scientific Aptitude, General Intelligence and General Awareness with the questions from the intermediate level.
Syllabus for Group I
The UP Board syllabus of the 12th standard will be followed in the examinations of this group. Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics are needed to be stressed upon.
Syllabus for Group K
As a candidate aspiring to give the JEECUP Exam in this group, you will need to prepare your class 10, 11 and 12 syllabi as a whole. The syllabus of this group in terms of JEECUP is divided broadly into two sections. There will be Chemistry, Physics and Mathematics in the first section and the second section will consist of questions related to Engineering.
JEECUP 2021 Books
Given below are some books that will surely be beneficial to you if you are an aspiring candidate to appear for the JEECUP Exam.
- Uttar Pradesh Polytechnic Entrance Exam by Dr. Lal And Jain
- UP Polytechnic Entrance exam Guide
- UP Polytechnic Exam – Physics/ Chemistry/Mathematics with previous years Question Papers
JEECUP 2021: Exam Pattern
If you are aspiring to appear for the JEECUP Examination, it will obviously be very important for you to know about the pattern of the examination. This segment of the article gives you a clear note about the pattern of the JEECUP Examination. The salient features of the examination are as follows:
- Mode of the exam: The JEECUP exam will be an offline examination. It will be conducted through the pen and paper mode.
- Question Types: Objective type of the questions will be asked in the examination. You are expected to go through the questions properly and understand what answers are being asked for before answering. There will be a total of 100 questions in the question paper.
- Tenure of the Exam: The JEECUP Exam will be of three hours. There will be two shifts while the exams will be conducted. The morning shift would commence from 9 am to 12 pm and the afternoon shift would start from 2:30 pm to 5:30 pm.
- Question Paper Medium: The question papers for the examination will be both English and Hindi Language.
- Answering: All candidates are expected to use either blue or black ball point pen to answer their questions. No other ink is allowed for the candidates to mark the answers.
- Markings of the Examination: As per the marking instructions are given by the council, each correct answer will carry a sum of 4 marks. There will be a deduction of 1 mark for each wrong answer. Multiple answers to the same question are not allowed for the candidates. A case of multiple answers will also be considered as wrong and 1 mark will be deducted from the total marks scored.
JEECUP 2021 Admit Card
- The candidates will get the admit cards of the JEECUP Exam only via online mode. No off-line admit cards will be issued. In no case shall the admit cards be posted to the candidates’ place.
- All candidates are expected to contact the council with immediate effect in case any discrepancy is found in the admit cards. The candidates should always remember that a perfect admit card is always expected in the examination hall. Any anomaly in the admit cards can be a subject of cancellation of the whole examination for the candidate.
- Every candidate should carry their admit cards to their respected examination centers which will be allotted to them. They must also carry a valid photo identity proof with them. Every candidate is expected to preserve the admit cards throughout the whole time of the admission process.
JEECUP 2021 Answer Key
Benefitting the students to check their answers and assess their rough marks, the answer key of the JEECUP Exam will be released within seven days of the examination. This will contain all the right answers along with the question that was asked in the examination.
JEECUP 2021 Result
- The results of the JEECUP examination will be released via online mode. The results would contain the exact obtained marks by the students and the status of the student. This status will denote if the student is eligible to appear for the counseling or not.
- You as a candidate will be able to download your JEECUP results by entering your roll nos. to the result portal.
- The status of your result would strictly matter on your eligibility to appear for the counseling.
JEECUP 2021 Counseling
- Online counseling through different rounds will be organized for the students who will qualify for counseling. It will strictly be upon the performance of the candidate that they will appear for the counseling.
- The students will be given the opportunities to fill the choices of their courses and their colleges through the online mode. Seats will be allotted to the students according to their preferences, reservations and on account of their performance in the entrance exam.
- The process of document verification will be done during the time of allocation of the seats. Each candidate willing to get admission will have to produce their original documents with photocopies in front of the panel. If any candidate fails to prove the authentication of the document, admission will not be granted to them.
JEECUP 2021 Exam Centers
Every candidate will be granted an option to choose the examination center. Once it is chosen by a candidate and submitted it cannot be changed. There are a number of cities in Uttar Pradesh among which the candidates can choose their examination center according to their proximity and convenience.
Some vital tips for the preparation of JEECUP Exam are discussed here in this segment of the article. For any examination a candidate appears for, proper preparation is a must. Otherwise, the appearance might prove futile as the candidate would fail in the examination. Here a number of vital tips are given below –
- Check out the Syllabus: As a candidate, you should always check out the syllabus and understand it properly before you start your study. In the case of JEECUP, you should always look for the prescribed syllabus before you start your studies. This is because this entrance exam is a vast one with comprising of many groups and many different setups of the syllabus. Always be completely sure about the group you have opted for and start studying for it.
- Study Smartly: It is not all about mugging up facts when you prepare for an entrance exam. Always make sure that you are studying smartly and making your concepts clear about any topic you study. Always make proper planning and chalk out some unique strategies that will help you in your ways of studying.
- Stay Focused: This is one of the main aspects of preparing for any examination that you appear. Without the proper focus, it would be very difficult for you to succeed. You need to have proper consistency while you are studying for an entrance exam.
- Look for Stressbusters: Often during your preparation, you will face situations which will be very stressful for you. Always look for some time when you take a break and release your stress. You can listen to music, read storybooks or even go out and play. Rejuvenation actually helps you to detoxify yourself and makes all negativity go off you.
- Stay Healthy and Fit: This is one aspect you should always concentrate upon. You need to remain fit while you prepare for an exam. Try to keep yourself healthy. Work out daily as it helps you to keep yourself healthy.
Q: I am currently going on with my 12th standard; may I have a chance to appear for JEECUP?
Answer: Yes, you can apply for the JEECUP Exam.
Q: I don’t have my Aadhaar Card, will I be able to apply for the Examination?
Answer: No, Aadhaar Card is mandatory for applying to JEECUP Examination.
Q: In case of any mistakes in the application form, will I be able to correct it?
Answer: You may correct your application, the authority may provide some correctional support via online mode.