Have you completed your ITI training? Do you want to join the Indian Army right after completing ITI training? If yes, this article will be of help to you. Here, I’ve listed down some soldier posts, which you may apply for after completing ITI training.
Through its Soldier recruitment process, Indian Army is known to give training and jobs to 10th, 12th, Diploma and ITI passed students. There are some trades within the Soldier post, which ITI passed candidates may apply for!
This article covers exactly those jobs! So, if you are an ITI passed candidate looking for a stable Government job, this post could be of help to you! Also check – NDA notification and dates & AFMC notification and dates.
Jobs for ITI passed students in Indian Army in 2022
ITI passed jobs in Indian Army comes under the ‘Soldier’ category recruitment. Within the Soldier category, numerous trades are available. ITI passed candidates are eligible to apply for some of these trades.
Note: The minimum qualification required to pursue ITI courses in India is – 10th passed (10+2 in cases of few courses). So, I’ve also listed trades which 8th and 10th standard passed candidates may also apply for.
Eligibility criteria associated with each trade has been mentioned clearly. Here’s the list of trades –
List of posts
- Soldier (General Duty) – 10th pass
- Soldier Tradesmen (All arms except syce, mess keeper and house keeper) – 10th or ITI pass
- Soldier Tradesmen (Syce, mess keeper and house keeper) – 8th pass
Educational Qualifications Required
The minimum eligibility required to apply for the above posts is – 8th passed from a recognized board.
Candidate should be between 17.5 to 23 years of age.
Candidates must satisfy the minimum measurements set for Chest, Height and Weight. The region-wise meaurement requirements are given below –
- Height: Western Himalayan Region (162 cms), Eastern Himalayan Region (160 cms), Western Plains Region (162 cms), Eastern Plains Region (162 cms), Central Region (162 cms), Southern Region (166 cms).
- Chest: Western Himalayan Region (77 cms), Eastern Himalayan Region (77 cms), Western Plains Region (77 cms), Eastern Plains Region (77 cms), Central Region (77 cms), Southern Region (77 cms).
- Weight: Western Himalayan Region (48 Kg), Eastern Himalayan Region (48 Kg), Western Plains Region (50 Kg), Eastern Plains Region (50 Kg), Central Region (50 Kg), Southern Region (50 Kg).
- A candidate should have robust physique and good mental health.
- Chest should be well developed having minimum 5 cms expansion.
- Should have normal hearing with each ear and good binocular vision in both eyes. He should be able to read 6/6 in distant vision chart with each eye. Colour vision should be CP – III (able to recognize white, red and green signal colors correctly as shown by Martin’s Lantern at 1.5 mtrs).
- Should have sufficient number of natural healthy gum and teeth i.e. minimum 14 dental points.
- Should not have diseases like deformity of bones, hydrocele and varicocele or piles.
- Soldier General Duty for infantry should have 6/6 eye sight.
Indian Army conducts Open Rally and recruitment drives to fill the above mentioned posts. If you want to take part in the recruitment process, the first step is to register for Open Rally.
Also check out: Indian Army Soldier recruitment
Once the Rally starts and you reach the venue, your important documents will be verified. After verification, the following tests will be conducted –
- PFT (Physical Fitness Test)
- Medical Test
- CEE (Common Entrance Exam)
PFT consists of the following activities –
- 1.6 Km run
- Pull ups
- 9 feet ditch
Medical tests will be conducted to determine if the candidate is medically and physically fit or not. CEE is a written test.
On completion of the above mentioned tests, a final merit list is prepared. Marks scored by candidates in PFT, Medicals and CEE are used to create the merit list.
Deserving candidates, who feature in the merit list, are selected for training (depending upon the vacancy).
Indian Army conducts Open Rally (also know as Army Bharti/Open Bharti) across all the States and UTs across India. Details about the Open Rally schedule are published on the joinindianarmy.nic.in website as well as newspapers.