IMU CET stands for Indian Maritime University Common Entrance Test. Do you want to register for this test in 2022? If yes, this post will be of help to you. Here, we will have an in-depth analysis of IMU CET 2022 application process.
Article Overview and Contents
If you want to pursue a job oriented maritime course after 12th, this competitive exam will be of help to you. This exam will help you build a decent career in merchant navy sector.
In this post, readers will find the following details – IMU CET application form (dates and details), registration process (step by step guide), documents required and application fee. In short, this post contains all the important details that you need to know about IMU CET application process.
This post has been crafted keeping the needs of maritime education aspirants in mind. Come, let us take a closer look at IMU CET application-overview:
|Name of entrance exam:||IMU CET (Indian Maritime University Common Entrance Test)|
|Mode of application process:||Online|
IMU CET is a national level entrance test. This exam is managed/conducted by the IMU each year. The main aim of this test is to facilitate admission of eligible candidates into merchant navy/maritime courses in maritime colleges across India.
Our guide deals with the following topics – important dates, application process, registration, form-filling, application fee and general instructions. After reading this post, you will find answers to these questions – How to register for IMU CET? How to fill IMU CET application form? When will IMU release IMU CET application form?
First of all, let us check out the important dates related to IMU CET application –
|Online application process will start on||1st week of April, 2022|
|Last day to submit application form||2nd week of May, 2022|
|Admit card to be released on||3rd week of May, 2022|
What is the application process like, some of you may ask. Come, let us check it out –
IMU CET 2022 Application Process
IMU CET application process consists of the following stages –
- Registration process
- Form-filling process
- Uploading relevant documents
- Payment of application fee
Eligible candidates may apply for this test online. Online application process is quite simple. Let us take a closer look at each stage –
IMU CET 2022 Registration
- Visit the official website of IMU (imu.edu.in).
- Search for IMU CET registration link and click on it.
- Register by providing the following details – name of the candidate, category, nationality, date of birth, age, email id and mobile number.
- Click on ‘send mobile OTP’ button. You’ll receive an OTP on your registered mobile number.
- Enter the OTP and verify your mobile number.
- After verification of mobile number, click on ‘submit’ button.
- After submitting the registration form, the system will generate your IMU CET user id and password.
Registration process is complete! You’ll find ‘click here to login’ button at the end of the page. Click on it to proceed to form-filling section.
IMU CET 2022 Application Form
After submitting the registration form, a candidate will obtain his/her login credentials (user id and password). He/she may find the link to login at the end of the page. Follow these steps to access your application form and fill it up –
Steps to fill IMU CET Application Form
- Find the login link and click on it.
- Enter your user id, password and click on sign in button.
- Upon signing in, you will be prompted to change your account’s default (system-generated) password. Change it and set a strong password.
- Pay the application fee. Enter your choice of course and pay application fee.
- Access the application form and enter the following details – personal details, academic details, choice of test center, choice of paper etc.
- Upload scanned images of your passport size photograph, signature specimen and relevant documents.
- Preview the application form and submit it.
- Take printout of the form and keep it for further use/reference.
While filling up the application form, candidates are supposed to enter the following details –
- Personal details: Name of the candidate, gender, date of birth, mother tongue, category, nationality, parents’ name, parents’ occupation, parents’ annual income etc.
- Academic details (10th and 12th class): Pass status, year of passing, board name, marks secured etc.
- Contact details: Email id, mobile number, address, pin code etc.
- Preferences: Choice of test/course and choice of exam center.
- Scanned documents: Passport size photograph, signature specimen, caste certificate (if applicable), 10th board marksheet and 11th class marksheet.
IMU CET 2022 Application Fee
While filling up the application form, candidates are supposed to enter the following details – personal information, academic information, test preference etc. In order to simplify the form-filling process, applicants may keep the following documents/things ready –
Important documents required
- A valid email id
- An active mobile number
- Academic certificates
- Category certificate (if applicable)
- Scanned documents
Guidelines for scanned documents
While filling up the application form, candidates are supposed to upload the following scanned images –
- Latest passport size photograph of the candidate
- Signature specimen of the candidate
- Category certificate (if applicable)
- 10th board marksheet (proof of DoB)
- 11th class marksheet
Scanned images must satisfy the following conditions –
|Photograph||Not more than 50KB|
|Signature specimen||Not more than 10KB|
- All scanned images must be clear, not blurry.
- Upload your latest colored passport size photograph. Image must be taken against light colored/white background.
- Don’t wear mask/caps/hats while taking photograph.
- Image resolution should be 200x230px (Photograph) and 200x100px (Signature).
- Signature specimen must be on white paper.
Let us check out the set of general instructions for applicants –
- Make sure that you are eligible to apply (before filling the application form).
- Fill up and submit the application form before the deadline.
- Fill up the application for correctly. Revise it before submitting.
- Enter a valid email id while registering.
- Enter a working mobile number while registering.
- Keep necessary documents ready while filling up the form.
- Make sure that scanned documents adhere to the guidelines set by the authorities.
- Take printout of the form/confirmation page.