Do you want to become a homeopathy Doctor? If yes, this post will be of help to you. Here, I’ve listed down some of the best homeopathy colleges in Karnataka.
12th pass students as well as their parents may use this guide to find the best homeopathy college. Choosing the best college is a very important task.
Apart from the names of the colleges, I’ve also provided additional information such as – list of courses, eligibility, scope and admission process.
In the next section, we will check out what homeopathy is all about. Let us start –
What is homeopathy?
Homeopathy is a system of alternative medicine. This system revolves around the concept of – like cures like. As per this concept, the substance that causes symptoms of a disease in healthy people would cure similar symptoms in sick people.
The effectiveness and scientific validity of this system is controversial and open to debate. Still, homeopathy has takers. Diluted drugs and lack of side-effects – these are some claims that attract people towards homeopathy.
In India, homeopathy is recognized as a system of medicine. NIH is the organization that deals with overseeing and maintaining the quality of homeopathy education in India. NIH stands for National Institute of Homeopathy.
Let us check out some of the homeopathy courses that have been recognized by the NIH. Here they are –
In India, homeopathy courses are available in two levels – UG and PG levels. UG stands for undergraduate level. 12th Science (with PCB subjects) pass students are eligible to pursue UG level programs.
PG stands for postgraduate level. Candidates who have completed BHMS (UG level course) are eligible to pursue PG level programs.
BHMS is the most popular UG level course. BHMS stands for Bachelor of Homeopathic Medicine and Surgery. The academic program is 5.5 years long. One year out of this period is dedicated towards compulsory internship.
MD in Homeopathy is a PG level course. MD stands for Doctor of Medicine. Candidates who have completed BHMS are eligible to pursue MD Homeopathy course.
There are three main types of homeopathy colleges in Karnataka. They are –
- Government homeopathy colleges
- Private homeopathy colleges
- Aided homeopathy colleges
Government colleges are managed and funded by the state Government. They provide subsidized education to its students. Aided colleges receive partial funding from the Government. Private colleges, which are also known as self financing colleges, are managed and funded by private charitable trusts and organizations.
Come, let us check out the list of colleges now. Here it is –
List of homeopathy colleges in Karnataka 2022
Here are some of the popular homeopathy colleges in Karnataka –
- Government Homeopathic Medical College, Bangalore, Karnataka
- BB Homeopathic Medical College and Hospital, Bangalore, Karnataka
- Father Mullers Homeopathic Medical College and Hospital, Mangalore, Karnataka
- AM Shaikh Homeopathic Medical College, Belgaum, Karnataka
- Bharatesh Homeopathic Medical College, Belgaum, Karnataka
- Shree SBJ Homeopathic Medical College, Belgaum, Karnataka
- SB Shirkoli Homeopathic Medical College, Sankeshwara, Karnataka
- Dr BDJ Homeopathic Medical College and Hospital, Dharwad, Karnataka
- HKE Society Homeopathic Medical College and Hospital, Gulbarga, Karnataka
- Shri Sathya Sai College of Homeopathic Medical Science, Dharwad, Karnataka
- Alvas’ Homeopathic Medical College, Moodbidri, Karnataka
What is the admission process like, you may ask. In the next section, you will find everything you need to know about the admission process.
In order to secure admission into reputed colleges, one must appear for relevant entrance exam. One must also score well in such exams to bag a seat in a premier college. Some other colleges are known to conduct direct as well as donation based admission process.