H-1B is a non-immigrant visa in the USA. This visa allows employers in USA to temporarily employ foreign workers. A large number of Indian professionals use H-1B visa to join employers in the USA. In this article, you will find few FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions) which are asked in the interview for H-1B visa.
There are various stages involved in the process of getting a H-1B visa. The interview is an integral part of this process. Faltering at this part/stage can jeopardize your chances of getting the visa.
Whether you are applying for H-1B visa for the first time or renewing it, it is necessary to prepare for the interview. The best place to start your preparation is – FAQs.
A set of questions usually manage to find their way into almost all H-1B visa interviews! Such repetitive questions are known as the H-1B FAQs. Candidates may start preparing for the visa interview by studying these FAQs and working on answers to these questions.
H-1B visa interview FAQs are very important in nature. It is necessary to answer these questions with confidence. Working on answers to these questions will help you enhance your confidence level!
FAQs are related to topics such as – US employer, your role in the company, your remuneration, work experience and educational qualifications. I’ve listed down some of the most important questions asked during the interview below –
H-1B Visa Interview FAQs
- Why do you want to go to the USA?
- How long will you stay in the USA?
- Will you return to India after completing your tenure in the USA?
- What do you plan to do on returning to India?
- Do you have a family in the USA?
- Are you married?
- Have you ever been to the USA before?
- Have you ever traveled outside India?
Questions related to US employer/sponsor
- Who is your US employer?
- What does your US employer do? What’s the nature/type of work?
- What’s your role in the company?
- Number of employees in the company?
- Prominent clients of the company?
- Any photos, brochures, or website of the company?
- How did you contact your employer in the USA?
- Are you sure it is a legit company?
- What’s the employer’s/company’s annual turnover?
- Your place of work in the USA?
- Your expected salary?
- Can I see your job offer letter?
- Can I see your LCA?
- Did you pay for your visa expenses or have you been paid for your H-1B visa?
Questions related to your educational qualifications
- Your educational qualifications?
- Which institute did you obtain your degree from?
- Which year did you graduated?
- Can I see your degree certificate?
Questions related to your present/last employer and work experience
- Who is your current employer?
- Your work experience?
- How long have you been working for the current/last employer?
- Why are you leaving the current employer?
- Your areas of work/expertise?
- Can I see your experience certificate?
The questions mentioned above are FAQs. Try to answer the above mentioned questions with confidence. Answers should be precise and to-the-point.