There is a misconception among Indian students that Fashion Designing related courses don’t have much value in terms of job scope as well as career growth. Most students see Fashion Technology related courses as Diploma or Certificate courses, which usually are pursued by less studious students. But things have changed drastically over the past few years! Fashion Designing and Technology has emerged to become a very important alternative professional course. It not only has good job scope these days, a number of variations of the course are also being offered by a number of reputed Institutes. In this article, I will be providing an introduction to the World of professional Fashion Technology and Designing courses. I will mention some well known Undergraduate Level as well as Post Graduate level programs related to this field. Also, information about well known employers is also provided in this article.
Well known Fashion Design and Technology Bachelor Degree programs-
- Bachelor of Fashion Design and Technology: 4 years long course
- Bachelor of Footwear and Apparel Design: 4 years long course
- Bachelor of Leather Accessory Design and Production: 4 years long course
Well known Fashion Design and Technology related Master Degree programs-
- Master of Fashion Merchandise: 2 years long course
- Master of Apparel and Accessories Designing: 2 years long course
- Computer Aided Designing: 2 years long course
- Fashion Business and Entrepreneurship: 2 years long course
Those were some well known courses related to Fashion Industry. The above mentioned professional courses offer god job scope. Let us check out some well known recruiters now.
Also read: Bachelor’s Degree Fashion courses after 12th
Well known recruiters-
Fashion brands, mills and accessory designing firms are the prime employers. Some of the well known employers are-
- Textile Mills