Do you want to pursue dental education courses such as BDS or MDS? If yes, this post will be of help to you. Here, I’ve listed down some of the best dental colleges in Haryana, India.
Government and private – I’ve covered both types of dental colleges in this post. Both students and parents may use this guide to find the right college.
Colleges mentioned in this post fare well in areas such as – quality of infrastructure, amenities, faculty, rating and reviews. This post will help you find the right college. It will definitely speed up your BDS or MDS admission process.
In this post, you will find the names of popular dental colleges in Haryana. Apart from the names of colleges, you will also find relevant information such as – list of dental courses, their duration, eligibility criteria, scope, admission process and career prospects.
In short, this post covers the names of popular dental institutes as well as other relevant information. Colleges, courses, admission and career prospects – you will find all these details in this post! You may also check – medical colleges in Punjab and dental colleges in Punjab.
In short, this is your one-stop-shop to know anything and everything about the present status of dental education in Haryana! Come, let us check out the list of colleges now. Here it is –
List of dental colleges in Haryana 2022
Here are some of the popular dental colleges in Haryana –
- BPS Government Medica College for Women, Sonepat, Haryana
- PGIMS, Rohtak, Haryana
- SR College of Dental Science and Research, Faridabad, Haryana
- Swami Devi Dayal Hospital and Dental College, Panchkula, Haryana
- SGT, Gurgaon, Haryana
- Maharishi Markandeshwar College of Dental Sciences and Research, Ambala, Haryana
- Yamuna Group of Institutions, Yamuna Nagar, Haryana
- Shri Baba Mastnath Dental College and Hospital, Rohtak, Haryana
- DAV Centenary Dental College, Yamuna Nagar, Haryana
- Om Sai Paramedical College, Ambala, Haryana
- Mata Gujjari Institute of Paramedical Sciences, Panchkula, Haryana
- PDM Dental College and Research Institute, Bahadurgarh, Haryana
- BRS Dental College and General Hospital, Panchkula, Haryana
- Manav Rachna Dental College, Faridabad, Haryana
- Asian Institute of Medical Sciences, Faridabad, Haryana
The above list consists of different types of dental colleges. And the list has not been ranked in any particular order.
Types of dental colleges
Based on the type of entity that owns the college, dental colleges in Haryana can be broadly classified into two types –
- Government dental colleges
- Private dental colleges
As the name suggests, Government institutes are managed and funded by the State or Central Government. On the other hand, private dental colleges are owned and managed by private charitable trusts and organizations. These colleges are also known as self-financing colleges.
Do you want to secure admission into a Government college or reputed private institute? If yes, you must crack relevant entrance exam. These exams are conducted each year to facilitate dental admission process.
Under this system, seats are distributed among deserving candidates on the basis of their performance in relevant entrance exam and/or board exam. Some colleges are also known to conduct donation based admission process.
Types of dental courses
Based on the academic level, dental courses can be classified into the following types – UG, PG and Doctoral Degree programs. Based on the format of the course, dental courses can be classified into the following types – Bachelor’s Degree, Master’s Degree and Doctoral Degree programs.
Here are some of the popular dental courses (and basic details about them) – BDS (Bachelor of Dental Surgery), MDS (Master of Dental Surgery), PG Diploma and PhD programs.
Dentists have access to different types of job profiles and opportunities. They are usually hired by healthcare institutes such as – dental clinics, dental care centers, hospitals, relevant Government departments etc. Dentists may even start their own dental clinic or dental care center.