There are more than wonderful cities and counties throughout the United States, but without a doubt, one of the ones that gets the most attention is Anderson County, located specifically in South Carolina.
Its population density is approximately 89 people per square kilometer. It is a fairly pleasant place to live, but in addition to that, it has also gained a lot of relevance for jobs and attractive salaries.
Where is Anderson County, South Carolina located?
From the U.S. Census Bureau, this area is about 1961 km² (757.1 mi²), of which 1860 km² (718.1 mi²) is land and 101 km² (39.0 mi²) is water.
To make the information much more digestible as possible, we tell you that this is located in the northwestern corner of the state of South Carolina, in the Piedmont Plateau. It is known as the main city of Anderson County in total.
If we talk about its location, we tell you that it is located in the busy corridor of Interstate 85, which makes its economic growth in recent times is more than attractive. It is bordered to the south by Atlanta, Georgia, and to the south by Charlotte, North Carolina.
The fact that Anderson County South Carolina has such a privileged position, has caused that by 2001 (surely now much more), this country was ranked number 14 within the 50 most attractive U.S. cities for the establishment of companies.
Which counties are near Anderson County, South Carolina?
If at this time you want to get in touch with the counties adjacent to this city (to also see the job opportunities there), we tell you that they are the following:
- North Pickens County
- Northeast Greenville County
- East Laurens County
- South Abbeville County
- Southwest Elbert County
- West Hart County
- Northwest Oconne County
What are the economic conditions within Anderson County South Carolina?
If you have come looking for information about what you can earn in Anderson County South Carolina, we tell you that the city calculates an average salary of $1,098,959 per month. However, individual salaries will also depend on the job position, the department or the skills and education of each particular employee.
It is estimated that about 12% of the people living in Anderson County South Carolina are part of the national poverty line in the country.
Cities and towns located in Anderson County South Carolina
If you are currently looking for localities of this place, we tell you that these are some of its regions:
- Honea Path
- West Pelzer
- Unincorporated communities
- Homeland Park
- La France
- Sandy Springs
Salary aspirations depending on your profession or work experience
It is normal for a person to make a salary aspiration depending on the activities he/she knows how to perform, as well as on his/her university degrees or a position he/she is going to hold.
We’ve taken on the task of looking up the “average” that people who work at Anderson County South Carolina typically earn. We present them to you:
- Treatment Plant Operator II. The salary aspiration is $74,932.
- Building Maintenance Worker. The salary aspiration is $53,883.
- Assistant Chief of Fire. The salary aspiration is $105,519.
- Full-time Server. The salary aspiration is $23,009.
- Maintenance I – Housekeeper. The salary aspiration is $58,245.
- FT Utility Aide- Dishwasher. The salary aspiration is $177,046.
- Move-In Coordinator. The salary aspiration is $36,634.
- Maintenance Technician II. The salary aspiration is $50,348.
- Chef. The salary aspiration is $72,214.
- Dining Room Supervisor. The salary aspiration is $70,213.
In case you have any doubts, we tell you that each of these salaries that we have already mentioned are on an annual basis. Therefore, it is important that you are also more or less clear about the cost of rent, transportation and even utilities to be paid in this part of the county.
What are some of the most sought after jobs in Anderson County, South California?
If you are currently looking for a job, we can tell you that due to the growth of industries and distribution processes in the county, it is very common to find jobs that have to do with the handling of products: processing, closing, purchasing, etc.
Things to do in Anderson County South Carolina
Maybe your motivation to know or find out about Anderson County South Carolina is due to many things. That is why we are going to present you some of the places you should know or at least visit if you are in Anderson County South Carolina, pay attention:
- Lake Hartwell. It is a large lake that is very busy at present, has a rating of almost 5 stars out of 5 and is one of the places where people usually visit to fish, go boating and have a good time.
- Anderson County Museum. It is a place to learn about the social, political and natural history of this particular region of the United States. It also has a 5 star rating.
- Palmetto Distillery. It is a very famous distillery in the United States, where Wiskie and Monshine flavors are produced. One of the most sought after is the “Apple Pie” flavor, undoubtedly one of the best.
- Denver Downs Farm. This is one of the best known farms in the region. Many people visit it to buy fresh food or even to visit and find the pumpkins at Halloween time.
- Carolina Wren Park. It is one of the busiest places in the entire town. It is home to a variety of outdoor activities. Many people consider it to be part of the heart of Anderson County South Caroline.
- Sadlers Creen State Park. As we have already mentioned, this is a place where you come across the sea on a recurring basis, it is an excellent park to get in touch with nature.
- Rocky River Nature Park. Its very name shows you how wonderful this place can be. It is a completely natural park where people visit to try to get in touch with themselves or at least do some sports and events to disconnect from the day to day.
- Apple Dumplin Antique. It is usual that, when we are traveling, we look for a place to buy gifts that are identified with the particular region. If we talk about the Apple Dumplin, it is the ideal place to bring gifts to your family or friends.
These have been some of the most outstanding places we found. There are plenty of places to do outdoor activities and also enjoy the atmosphere and warmth of the people who live in Anderson County South Carolina.
Average expenses in Anderson County South Carolina
If you are currently thinking about traveling or doing some job testing in this county of the county, we tell you not to miss a step apart from the expenses that we will give you.
Food and food expenses
- Lunch in a cheap restaurant: 12.00 $.
- Meal for 2 people in an average restaurant: $47.50.
- 0.5L of beer (bar): $3.50.
- 0.33L of imported beer (bar): 4.50 $.
- Cappuccino coffee: $3.83.
- 0.33L bottle of water (bar): $1.50.
- 500g loaf of bread: $2.48.
- 1kg of white rice: 3.31 $.
- A dozen eggs: $2.08.
- 1kg of local cheese: 10.47 $.
- 1kg of boneless, skinless chicken breast: $8.82.
- 1kg of red meat (beef or similar): $11.02.
Anderson County transportation costs
If you are one of those who are thinking about the expenses that are generated in transportation in this location, we tell you that these are the averages that exist:
- 1km cab ride: 1.33 $.
- 1h waiting time for a cab: $21.00.
- 1L of gasoline: 0.56 $.
- Volkswagen Golf 1.4 90 KW Trendline: 23,500.00 $.
- Toyota Corolla 1.6l 97kW Comfort: $21,000.00.
Expenses for electricity, water, heating and garbage in an apartment of 85m2 per month: $145.90, to this you must add the cost of the internet of approximately 60Mbps, which is $58.62.
Housing costs in Anderson County
If at this moment, you are wondering more or less the cost of living in this county, we tell you that these are the estimated prices:
- International school per year per child: $18,000.00.
- Monthly rent 1 bedroom apartment in the center: 850.00 $.
- Monthly rent 1 bedroom apartment located in the suburbs: 675.00 $.
For each of these expenses that we have mentioned, you must take into account that the monthly salary is usually around $2,232.67 per person. Of course, if you get a job where your professional experience and studies are taken into account, the cost will be higher than what we have reflected as mentioned in previous sections.
There are many reasons to come and visit the Anderson County South Carolina district. Take the initiative! Maybe and then you’ll be encouraged to live there.